The Guam Association of REALTORS® then known as “Guam Real Estate Board was founded in 1970. It held its first general membership meeting at Fjord’s Smorgette with under 32 aspiring members. In November of 1971, we became a part of what would become today, one of the largest and influential trade industry in the nation, the National Association of REALTORS®, then, known as the National Association of Real Estate Boards.
To date, we have grown, and with over 400 members strong. The Guam Association of REALTORS® is the constant “Voice for Real Estate” on Guam, and proud to be a part of NAR, an organized real estate with over a million members strong.
The primary objectives of the Guam Association of REALTORS® are:
- To unite those engaged in the recognized branches of the real estate profession for the purpose of exerting a beneficial influence upon the profession and related interests.
- To promote and maintain high standards of conduct in the real estate profession as expressed in the National Association of REALTORS® Code of Ethics.
- To provide a unified medium for real estate owners and those engaged in the real estate profession whereby their interests may be safeguarded and advanced.
- To further the interests of home and other real property ownership.
- To unite those engaged in the real estate profession in this community with the Association and National Association of REALTORS®, thereby furthering their own objectives throughout the nation, and obtaining the benefits and privileges of Membership therein.
- To designate, for the benefit of the public, individuals authorized to use the terms REALTOR® and REALTORS® as licensed, prescribed, and controlled by NAR®.
We protect the interest of our members and the community of Guam. We are advocates of the ultimate American Dream of homeownership!